Thursday, February 26, 2009

A week wasted

I went back to fetch my bike on 25th feb 2009 & the CHOORAN the workshop guys gave me was as expected,but this time they went one step further.The guy in charge of customer complaints said that this rear disc issue i am facing is not unique because there have been many such complaints from many RTR FI owners & hence the TVS company has taken a serious note of this.He further said that the TVS guys will come calling to the workshop within the first week of March 2009 to look into this issue & rectify it.He asked me to take my bike away for the time being & he promised to give me a call as soon as possible.
There was another interesting interaction i had there with a mech who seemed to pity my condition.He said that there seems to be some serious issue with the quality of the rear disc brakes provided with RTR FI's & praised the rear disc brakes of Yamaha,without mentioning the model & advised me to sell off this bike to any unsuspecting person.
He also said RTR FI's demand "Tappet Setting" once every month,failing which the pick up & mileage of the bike drops dramatically & silencer dishes out unusual "howls" instead of the usual "vroom".His second piece of advice seemed closer to the truth.
All said & done,I know I can't get rid of this bike easily.It feels disgusting that i am stuck with this bike which has a malfunctioning rear disc brake which is eating away recently installed brake pads & disc plate,reducing pick up,mileage & increasing vibrations.And to top it all the workshop guys seem helpless.

No comments:

Post a Comment